Conducting reviews of I&C safety and process control systems, providing project management services, providing contract management services, organizing courses and technical information exchange meetings for the nuclear industry, conducting market research and studies and generating reports to assist providers of equipment and services in marketing their products, providing technical support to patent applications, providing direct support to all stages of clients’ international projects, and distributing third-party products, systems and components to customers.
SunPort offers training in the following areas:
- Project management fundamentals
- Management of I&C systems modernization and refurbishment projects for NPPs
- Fundamentals of analog and digital I&C systems and components; the role of I&C in the safe and effective operation of NPPs
- Planning and implementation of FPGA-based I&C applications in NPPs; design, programming, testing, integration, verification & validation
- International standards & codes applied to I&C systems in process controls and safety applications for NPPs
- Typical I&C systems applications in normal and post-accident monitoring conditions in NPPs
- Interaction between NPPs and the electric grid; requirement for connecting NPPs to electric grids
- Deterministic and probabilistic safety analysis
- Implementation of environmental qualification programs for NPPs
- 10 CFR50 Appendix B and other QA related courses as applied to NPPs
- Preventing the use of Counterfeit, Fraudulent, Suspect Items (CFSI) in NPPs
- Commercial Grade Dedication process to qualify items and components for safety applications in NPPs
- Licensing and certification processes and practices in various countries
These courses can be conducted either in English or Russian and, for some selected cases, in other languages as well, at any of the four SunPort office locations or, if so preferred by our customers, at their own facilities.
For those customers who purchased hardware systems or components from SunPort or from SunPort’s vendor clients, customized training courses are held for their personnel on the installation, testing, commissioning, customization, operation, and maintenance of the systems.
SunPort organizes technical meetings:
2017 Gyeongju, South Korea, to be hosted by Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
2016 Lyon-Villeurbanne, France, hosted by Edf
2015 Shanghai, China, hosted by SNPAS
2014 Charlotte, NC, USA, hosted by EPRI
2013 Kirovograd, Ukraine, hosted by Radiy
2012 Beijing, China, hosted by CNNC/CNCS